Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Bit of a Funk......

Good Tuesday everyone!

I hope you all had a good Father's Day weekend? It was pretty good here, we had some lovely weather so we went to the park for a bit. For Father's Day, my husband received a kiss card from my daughter she made at daycare, it's basically a laminated card with a real kiss from our girl that daddy can carry in his wallet wherever he goes. Awwwww :)

From one celebration to the next, as this is our inspirational picture 

Prize is 3 digis from 

I had the perfect paper for this I thought, but unfortunately I seemed to have used it already! So I had to come up with another solution and boy, was that hard this time around! It seems that my crafty mojo has done a runner and I'm left with sheer determination just to create something worthwhile. It happens to me every so often; I just can't seem to remember how to scrap anymore, it 'just won't go'! I always end up thinking that it will never come back and I might as well sell all my supplies and quit, but of course I never do and mojo always returns. However, I did cut myself a little bit of slack when creating this layout; I chose a picture I wanted to scrap and went for some less obvious elements of the picture to make it work. You gotta do what you gotta do, right? ;) 

I started with the big flowers; I found this paper I've had in my stash for years and years and decided to work around that. So my colour scheme is totally different, not a similar location or celebration, but the layout is about family (I married into this family, so that's another connection. Work with me people!) and was taken outside on a sunny day. Other than that, there is not connection I'm afraid, I promise I will do better next time! I am happy though that I managed to complete a page and work through that rut :)


Challenges:
* Lasting Memories (Summer Solstice) I've use my title to create a long border underneath my photo, these photo's were taken in Summer as well
* Really Reasonable Ribbon (Summer)  I used Twine
* Simply Create Too (Summer Fun)
* 4 Crafty Chicks (Summer Fun Activities)
* Scrap & Craft (AG + String/Twine or Ribbon)

6 comments:

  1. I think you did great, Ciska! The mojo will come back :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your long border with your title. Great family layout. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous scrapbook layout. Thanks so much for stopping by to play along in our Summer Challenge, and please join us again soon.
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Beautiful scrapbook page. Thank you for sharing with us that Scrap & Craft Challenge. Good luck!
    hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is beautiful! I love the colors and the half circles/scallops are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete